Are you glued to your television watching the Winter Olympics? It’s thrilling, isn’t it? Which event is your favorite to watch?
While the winter is so fun (especially when the Olympics are on) the effects of winter on your lips can be brutal. Your heat running in your house makes it dry. Windy, cold weather has adverse effects on your lips as well. Your lips have no oil glands, so when they’re exposed to these conditions they can become chapped and even cracked.
Tips for keeping your lips moist this winter.
- Run a humidifier in your home to replace your dry air.
- Limit lip licking. Your saliva adds to your dry lips.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Ensure that your lip balm has sunscreen in it to protect your lips from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Avoid spicy foods if your lips are chapped or cracked. Beware: the spicy food will “bite” your lips back.
Are your lips suffering more than normal winter effects of chapping and cracking? Have they lost their volume and appeal? Dr. Harirchian is a skilled facial plastic surgeon. She offers an expansive menu of lip augmentation and lip enhancement procedures at her state-of-the-art Houston facility.
Call Sanaz Harirchian, M.D. Facial Plastic Surgery today to see how your lips can be altered in size, shape and form using both surgical and non-surgical treatments.