Tyranny of the urgent is a phrase used to highlight priorities and the way we use our time. The phrase came from a booklet written in the 1960s by Charles Hummel called Tyranny of the Urgent. It has become a classic that highlights the tension between things that are urgent and things that are important. The premise is that often, the urgent things win your valuable time and attention.
In terms of skin care, the urgent may apply to many things that take priority over what’s important to your overall health of your skin. Often we focus on the urgent things we can see on our skin, rather than performing the daily important tasks for maintaining a healthy skin care routine.
Urgent Skin Care Might Look Like This:
- When a worrisome growth or discoloration appears on your skin, you quickly book an appointment.
- Only washing your face when you feel greasy or need a fresh application of makeup.
- Applying sunscreen after you get burned on your first day at the beach.
Important Skin Care Should Look Like This:
- Maintaining a proper skin care routine each day by cleaning and moisturizing your skin.
- Always wearing protective sunscreen, makeup, and clothing to combat the sun’s harmful rays.
- Booking appointments with Dr. Sanaz Harirchian for your skin care needs. She is well equipped to handle all types of Mohs skin cancer and facial reconstruction.
Call the office of Dr. Sanaz Harirchian today for all of your plastic surgery needs. She can help guide you on important methods to maintaining the health of your skin and beauty.